Thursday, December 15, 2011

For People Who Already Have Everything

Introducing the Louis Vuitton Condom. They were designed by Irakli Kiziria as a World AIDS Day product suggestion. The design has since gone viral. The suggested price for each condom is $68. Read more.


Is there a market for designer condoms? Probably. Slap a famous name on something and you can sell it for hundreds of times its real value. But would they do any good? Getting people to carry condoms is only half the battle. They have to be used.

If some little trendoid insists on designer rubbers and has the money to fork out for them that's all to the good. As long as the product is up to standard and not a "gag" condom. If they'er vegan and fair trade then that's even better.


I'll admit that the LV condoms are attractive (even though I'm not a big fan of brown) but I have to wonder about the raised lettering. Is that supposed to be for the women? Every time I see a ribbed condom I hear Robin Williams saying, "If you want ribs get BBQ!" I'll bet you never expected to get sex advice from Mork but there it is.


I tried to find some video about these condoms but came up empty. What I did find was a cute commercial for condoms. I think I might try this the next time I go looking for an apartment.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment