Thursday, January 19, 2012

K-Y Touch Massage

A while back I got a sample in the mail from Johnson & Johnson. K-Y Touch Massage 2-in-1 is supposed to be for massages and personal lubricant. I don't know how long they've been selling this product, but anyone who visited sex shops in the 80s is probably familiar with Motion Lotion.  When you rub some of the lotion into your skin it gets warm. If you blow on it you get a flash of heat. It's fun. It's just not very eco-friendly.

I threw out my bottle of Motion Lotion when a friend looked at the ingredient list and noticed that the formula was very close to that of anti-freeze. The idea of putting anything even remotely close to anti-freeze on my skin is a big turn off. Sad to say that, from what I can tell, K-Y has not improved on the formula. There is one difference, the Motion Lotion I had was not recommended for genital use. The K-Y product is.

I'll admit I was curious about what it would feel like. A few nights ago I was VOIPing with a friend when I spotted the K-Y in my basket of review products. I'm always up for a little experimentation so, while we were talking, I got out my dolphin vibe and poured some on. It felt like any other lube I've ever used.

I put some on the inside of my wrist and rubbed it in. It got warm immediately. I blew on it and was rewarded with a very pleasant flash of heat. I was a little leery of using it on my genitals because I thought the heat might be a little too much. Turned out I was right. At first the sensation was quite pleasant, but after a while the heat became too intense for me. Towards the end of the session it became a bit painful.

The other problem was that it dried a lot faster than other lubes. While there's usually no problem with adding more lube when you need it, this product's heating properties makes that a little dangerous. You might just get to a good point as far as the heat's concerned but need more lubrication. I would suggest using a non-heating lube if you need more.

While Touch Massage 2-in-1 works pretty much as advertised, I can't recommend it for two big reasons. One, it's not eco-friendly at all. There's no way this product could be classified as natural. The other reason I won't recommend it is because of Johnson & Johnson's animal testing. I realize they are forced to test their products to make sure they are safe. My point is that if their products didn't use so many chemicals they wouldn't have to be tested. There are many companies out there now that make similar products without chemicals and without animal testing.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment